lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From bharath venkatesh <bharathv6.proj...@gmail.com>
Subject tracking solr response time
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 13:13:29 GMT
Hi,

    We are using solr for many of ur products  it is doing quite well
.  But since no of hits are becoming high we are experiencing latency
in certain requests ,about 15% of our requests are suffering a latency
 . We are trying to identify  the problem .  It may be due to  network
issue or solr server is taking time to process the request  .   other
than  qtime which is returned along with the response is there any
other way to track solr servers performance ?  how is qtime calculated
, is it the total time from when solr server got the request till it
gave the response ? can we do some extra logging to track solr servers
performance . ideally I would want to pass some log id along with the
request (query ) to  solr server  and solr server must log the
response time along with that log id .

Thanks in advance ..
Bharath