lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sending Tika parse result to Solr
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:51:52 GMT

On Nov 25, 2009, at 5:32 AM, Daniel Knapp wrote:

> Hello,
>

> i want to send the Tika parse results of my data to my Solr-Server.
> My File-Server is not my Solr-Server, so Solr Cell is no option for me.
>
> In Lucene i can pass my Reader Object (as an result of the parsing) to a Lucene Document
for indexing.

> Is this also possible with Solr? Or is there an other or better way to do this?
> I'm using SolrJ for the connection.

You can't pass your reader object, but I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1526
to provide a SolrJ client side equivalent of Solr Cell.  If you'd like to contribute a patch
that would be great.   Basically, you just need to have your Handler override create a SolrInputDocument
(batches, that is) and then send them to Solr.  Using the Streaming server may also fit well
with this model.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search