lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Guangwei Yuan <guy...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommendation system
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:35:40 GMT
Hello,

We have an interesting and we guess common machine learning problem.

Polyvore (the company I work for) has a few million products in its index.
For each product we have the following information:

- keywords extracted from title, description, tags
- other meta information like colors, brand, site, price, etc...
- user information, for example which users saved this product
- CTR data from interaction of users with products on our site.

We want to build a recommendation system on top of this data.  We are
considering using Solr or Mahout (on EMR) to implement this system.

If this is a project that you might be interested in helping us with, please
drop me a line (guyuan+jobs@gmail.com <guyuan%2Bjobs@gmail.com>).  We have a
$10K budget for the initial implementation.

Thanks,
Guangwei