lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joel Nylund <jnyl...@yahoo.com>
Subject exact match lookup
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:53:21 GMT
Hi,

I have a field that I want to do exact match lookups using.
(when I say exact match, im looking for equivalent to a sql query
where with no like clause so where feedClass = "Social News")

For example the field is called feedClass and im doing:

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=feedClass:Blog

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=feedClass:Social%20News

I tried using "text" and it seems to work pretty well except for
classes with spaces in them.

So I tried using field type string, that didnt work. Then I tried
defining a new type called:

      <fieldType name="text_nows" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
     </fieldType>

This didnt seem to help either.

When I do these queries for this field with spaces, I seem to get
random results

For example:

<response>
−
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">5</int>
−
<lst name="params">
<str name="q">feedClass:Social News</str>
</lst>
</lst>
−
<result name="response" numFound="3451" start="0">
−
<doc>
<str name="feedClass">Blog</str>
<str name="firstLetterTitle">N</str>