lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade <gfernandez-kinc...@capitaliq.com>
Subject RE: Index Splitter
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:29:33 GMT
You can't really use this if you have an optimized index, right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Koji Sekiguchi [mailto:koji@r.email.ne.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:57 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Index Splitter

Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade wrote:
> Hi,
> I've heard about a tool that can be used to split Lucene indexes, for cases where you
want to break up a large index into shards. Do you know where I can find it? Any observations/recommendations
about its use?

> This seems promising but I'm not sure if there is anything more mature out there:
> http://blog.foofactory.fi/2008/01/regenerating-equally-sized-shards-from.html
>
> Thanks,
> Gio.

There are IndexSplitter and MultiPassIndexSplitter tools in 3.0.

I'd written an article about them before:

http://lucene.jugem.jp/?eid=344

It is Japanese but I think you can read out how to use them from command
lines...

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/