lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From György Frivolt <fifigy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SolrException caused by illegal character
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:30:41 GMT
Thanks, I also found out, had to filter my data. Now I removed the
control chars.. and solr is happy like I am.

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Otis Gospodnetic
<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could it be that your XML contains a .... control character, code 3? ;)
>
> Check the table on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII
>
> Otis
> --
> Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
> Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
>> From: György Frivolt <gyorgy.frivolt@gmail.com>
>> To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
>> Sent: Thu, November 26, 2009 8:54:20 AM
>> Subject: SolrException caused by illegal character
>>
>> Hi,
>>     I upgradeed to Solr 1.4 and tried to reindex the data. After few
>> thousand of reindexed documents an exception is thrown, I did not meet
>> this using 1.3 before. Do you have any idea what caused the problem?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Illegal character
>> ((CTRL-CHAR, code 3))
>> at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [6495,39]
>>     at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:72)
>>     at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:54)
>>     at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
>>     at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
>>     at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
>>     at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
>>     at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
>>     at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>>     at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
>>     at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
>>     at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
>>     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
>>     at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
>>     at
>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
>> Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Illegal
>> character ((CTRL-CHAR, code 3))
>> at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [6495,39]
>>     at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwInvalidSpace(StreamScanner.java:675)
>>     at
>> com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.readTextPrimary(BasicStreamReader.java:4556)
>>     at
>> com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromTree(BasicStreamReader.java:2888)
>>     at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1019)
>>     at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.readDoc(XMLLoader.java:273)
>>     at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.processUpdate(XMLLoader.java:138)
>>     at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:69)
>>     ... 22 more
>
>

Mime
View raw message