lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Des Garets" <marc.desgar...@192.com>
Subject very slow add/commit time
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:24:51 GMT
Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with an index of about 80 millions documents
(41Gb). I am trying to update documents in this index using Solrj.

When I do:

solrServer.add(docs);  //docs is a List<SolrInputDocument> that contains
1000 SolrInputDocument (takes 36sec)

solrServer.commit(false,false); //either never ends with a OutOfMemory
error or takes forever

I have -Xms4g -Xmx4g

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks for your help.

This transmission is strictly confidential, possibly legally privileged, and intended solely
for the
addressee.  Any views or opinions expressed within it are those of the author and do not necessarily

represent those of 192.com, i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd or any of it's subsidiary companies.
 If you
are not the intended recipient then you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance
of this
transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender as
soon as
possible.  No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf
of
i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd with another party by email without express written confirmation
by an
authorised employee of the Company. http://www.192.com (Tel: 08000 192 192).  i-CD Publishing
(UK) Ltd
is incorporated in England and Wales, company number 3148549, VAT No. GB 673128728.