lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filtering query results
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:55:39 GMT

On Nov 19, 2009, at 4:59 PM, aseem cheema wrote:

> Hey Guys,
> I need to filter out some results based on who is performing the
> search. In other words, if a document is not accessible to a user
> performing search, I don't want it to be in the result set. What is
> the best/easiest way to do this reliable/securely in Solr?

Do you have ACL info on the document?  If so, you can likely do this through a filter (&fq=...).
 If it is somewhere else, you will likely need to integrate in a component to do it.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search