lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: solr stops running periodically
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:15:47 GMT
Have you looked in other logs, like your syslogs?  I've never seen Solr/Tomcat just disappear
w/o so much as a blip.  I'd think if a process just died from an error condition there would
be some note of it somewhere.  I'd try to find some other events taking place at that time
which might give a hint.

On Nov 15, 2009, at 1:45 PM, athir nuaimi wrote:

>> We have 4 machines running solr.  On one of the machines, every 2-3 days solr stops
running.  By that I mean that the java/tomcat process just disappears.  If I look at the catalina
logs, I see normal log entries and then nothing.  There is no shutdown messages like you would
normally see if you sent a SIGTERM to the process.

>> Obviously this is a problem. I''m new to solr/java so if there are more diagnostic
things I can do I'd appreciate any tips/advice.