lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gregg Horan <greggho...@gmail.com>
Subject solrj query size limit?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 04:06:10 GMT
I'm constructing a query using solrj that has a fairly large number of 'OR'
clauses.  I'm just adding it as a big string to setQuery(), in the format
"accountId:(this OR that OR yada)".

This works all day long with 300 values.  When I push it up to 350-400
values, I get a "Bad Request" SolrServerException.  It appears to just be a
client error - nothing reaching the server logs.  Very repeatable... dial it
back down and it goes through again fine.

The total string length of the query (including a handful of other faceting
entries) is about 9500chars.   I do have the maxBooleanClauses jacked up to
2048.  Using javabin.  1.4-dev.

Are there any other options or settings I might be overlooking?

-Gregg