lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "A. Steven Anderson" <a.steven.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject leading and trailing wildcard query
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 23:01:00 GMT
I've scoured the archives and JIRA , but the answer to my question is just
not clear to me.

With all the new Solr 1.4 features, is there any way  to do a leading and
trailing wildcard query on an *untokenized* field?

e.g. q=myfield:*abc* would return a doc with myfield=xxxabcxxx

Yes, I know how expensive such a query would be, but we have the user
requirement, nonetheless.

If not, any suggestions on how to implement a custom solution using Solr?
Using an external data structure?

--
A. Steven Anderson