lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Christian López Espínola <penyask...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection refused using EmbeddedSolrServer in a web site
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:09:41 GMT
Hi Erik,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Erik Hatcher <erik.hatcher@gmail.com> wrote:
> EmbeddedSolrServer is only accessible through API calls, not through a URL.
>  It is strongly recommended to run Solr through the WAR file, for several
> reasons including replication and distributed search features that only work
> over HTTP.

I was using API calls, but it fails. I'm using 1.3.
If I make a java console program, it works nice. But embedding on my
webapp is giving problems like the said before.

My main goal embedding solr is making devs life easier, because they
don't need to have solr installed on their development machines, but
using it as a maven dependency transparent to them.
We are in early stage of development.

How do you usually do this? All your team member have solr in their machines?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.