lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Response writer configs
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 04:08:52 GMT

On Dec 1, 2009, at 9:04 PM, Ross wrote:
> I'm starting to play with Solr. This might be a silly question and not
> particularly important but I'm curious.
>
> I setup the example site using the tutorial. It works very well. I was
> looking around the config files and notice that in my solrconfig.xml
> that the queryResponseWriter area is commented out but they all still
> work. wt=php etc returns the php format. How is it working if they're
> not defined? Are they defined elsewhere?

Good question.  Solr defines (in SolrCore) a default set of response
writers.

   static{
     HashMap<String, QueryResponseWriter> m= new HashMap<String,
QueryResponseWriter>();
     m.put("xml", new XMLResponseWriter());
     m.put("standard", m.get("xml"));
     m.put("json", new JSONResponseWriter());
     m.put("python", new PythonResponseWriter());
     m.put("php", new PHPResponseWriter());
     m.put("phps", new PHPSerializedResponseWriter());
     m.put("ruby", new RubyResponseWriter());
     m.put("raw", new RawResponseWriter());
     m.put("javabin", new BinaryResponseWriter());
     DEFAULT_RESPONSE_WRITERS = Collections.unmodifiableMap(m);
   }

Note that these built in ones can be overridden, but not undefined, by
registering a response writer with the same name as a built in one.

	Erik