lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Thijs <vonk.th...@gmail.com>
Subject How to setup dynamic multicore replication
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:13:10 GMT
Hi

I need some help setting up dynamic multicore replication.

We are changing our setup from a replicated single core index with
multiple document types, as described on the wiki[1], to a dynamic
multicore setup. We need this so that we can display facets with a zero
count that are unique to the document 'type'.

So when indexing new documents we want to create new cores on the fly
using the CoreAdminHandler through SolrJ.

What I can't figure out is how I setup solr.xml and solrconfig.xml so
that a core automatically is also replicated from the master to it's
slaves once it's created.

I have a solr.xml that starts like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<solr persistent="true">
   <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
   </cores>
</solr>

and the replication part of solrconfig.xml
master:
<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler">
   <lst name="master">
     <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
     <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>
     <str name="confFiles">schema.xml</str>
   </lst>
</requestHandler>

slave:
<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler">
   <lst name="slave">
     <str name="masterUrl">http://localhost:8081/solr/replication</str>
     <str name="pollInterval">00:00:20</str>
   </lst>
</requestHandler>

I think I should change the masterUrl in the slave configuration to
something like:
<str
name="masterUrl">http://localhost:8081/solr/${solr.core.name}/replication</str>
So that the replication automatically finds the correct core replication
handler.

But how do I tell the slaves a new core is created, and that is should
start replicating those to?

Thanks in advance.

Thijs

[1]