lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From kalidoss <kalidoss.muthuramalin...@sifycorp.com>
Subject Query on Cache size.
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:47:01 GMT
Hi,

    We have enabled the query result cache, its 512 entries,

    we have calculated the size used for cache :
        page size about 1000bytes, (1000*512)/1024/1024  = .48MB

    If we increase the cache count to 100000 then the memory used for
cache about. (1000*100000)/1024/1024 = 96MB

    Is my calculation is correct? my system has 2.5GB of RAM for Solr
and 1GB for OS.

    If am wrong, let me know how to calculate the memory?

Thanks,
Kalidoss.m,

Get your world in your inbox!

Mail, widgets, documents, spreadsheets, organizer and much more with your Sifymail WIYI id!
Log on to http://www.sify.com

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com