lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joel Nylund <jnyl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to do partial word searches?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:21:46 GMT
Just for an update on this, I tried text_rev and it seems to work great.

So in summary, if you want partial word matches within a url or small
sentence (title), here is what I did and it seems to work pretty well:

- create an extra field that is all lower case , I used mysql lcase in
the query for DIH
- make that field use text_rev type in schema.xml
- make the query be "sulli OR *sulli*"    (the *sulli* doesnt seem to
match sulli if its at the end of the field)

thanks
Joel