lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Rodolico Piero" <p.rodol...@vitrociset.it>
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:45:18 GMT
Hi,

I need to index the contents of a file (doc, pdf, ecc) and a set of
custom metadata specified in the XML like a standard request to Solr.
>From the documentation I can extract the contents of a file with the
request "/update/extract" (tika) and index metadata with a second
request "/update" by passing the XML. How do I do it all in a single
request? (without using curl but using http java lib or solrj). For
example (although I know that is not correct):

<add>
  <doc>
    <field name="id> </ field>
    <field name="myfield-1> </ field>
    <field name="myfield-n> </ field>
    <field name="content"> content of the extracted file (text) </
field>
    </doc>
  </add>

So I search it or by using metadata or full text on the content.
Sorry for my English ...

Thanks a lot.

Piero