lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joel Nylund <jnyl...@yahoo.com>
Subject getting value from parent query in subquery transformer
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:50:15 GMT
Hi, I have an entity that has a entity within it that executes a query
for each row and calls a transformer. Is there a way to pass a value
from the parent query into the transformer?

For example, I have an entity called document, and it it has an ID and
sometimes it has a category.

I have a sub entity called category that does another complex query
using the documents ID to get data to send to the transformer to
determine the category. I would like to pass the parents category to
this transformer, so I dont have to join in data I already have. Is
this possible?

Im using ${item.id} in the where clause, so I guess im wondering, can
I do something like.....

<entity name="item" query="..........
     	<entity name="category"
transformer="script:SplitAndPrettyCategory(${item.category})"
query="......

thanks
Joel