lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Donovan Jimenez <djime...@conduit-it.com>
Subject Re: solr php client vs file_get_contents?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:12:35 GMT
In the end, the PHP client does a file_get_contents for doing a
search the same way you'd do it "manually".  It's all PHP, so you can
do anything it does yourself. It provides what any library of PHP
classes should - convenience. I use the JSON response writer because
it gets the most attention from the Solr community of all the non-XML
writers, yet is still very quick to parse (you might want to do your
own tests comparing the speed of unserializing a Solr phps response
versus json_decode'ing the json version).

Happy Solr'ing,
- Donovan