lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: creating Lucene document from an external XML file.
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:56:45 GMT

: // "  one possibility to think about is that instead of modifying the documents
: before sending them to Solr, you could write an UpdateProcessor tha runs
: direclty in Solr and gets access to those Documents after Solr has already
: parsed that XML (or even if the documents come from someplace else, like
: DIH, or a CSV file) and then make your changes. " //
:        I have not decided to modify documents, instead I go for
: modifying them at run time. (modifying Java object's variables that
: contains information extracted from the document-file).
: my question is : Is there any part of the api which take document file
: path as input , returns java object and gives us a way to modify
: inbetween before sending the same object for indexing (to the
: IndexWriter - lucene api).

Yes ... as i mentioned the UpdateProcessor API is where you have access to
the Documents as Lucene objects inside of Solr before they are indexed.

-Hoss