lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:44:12 GMT

: its strange i had a dismaxhandler and it had an empty value for ps field
: i added a default value like 100 and the error disappeared.

I really wish the java compiler had an option so we could say "when
compiling our code, treat this list of unchecked exceptions like checked
exceptions" so we could prevent code that doesn't catch
NumberFormatException from ever getting committed.

I've got a patch that will improve the error message on this in the
future...

: >> SEVERE: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
: >>         at
: >> java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
: >>         at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:468)
: >>         at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:553)

-Hoss