lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "William Pierce" <evalsi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Exception encountered during replication on slave....Any clues?
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:44:31 GMT
Folks:

I am seeing this exception in my logs that is causing my replication to fail.    I start with
 a clean slate (empty data directory).  I index the data on the postingsmaster using the dataimport
handler and it succeeds.  When the replication slave attempts to replicate it encounters this
error.

Dec 7, 2009 9:20:00 PM org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller fetchLatestIndex
SEVERE: Master at: http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication is not available. Index fetch
failed. Exception: Invalid version or the data in not in 'javabin' format

Any clues as to what I should look for to debug this further?

Replication is enabled as follows:

The postingsmaster solrconfig.xml looks as follows:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="master">
      <!--Replicate on 'optimize' it can also be  'commit' -->
      <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
      <!--If configuration files need to be replicated give the names here . comma separated
-->
      <str name="confFiles"></str>
    </lst>
  </requestHandler>

The postings slave solrconfig.xml looks as follows:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="slave">
        <!--fully qualified url for the replication handler of master -->
        <str name="masterUrl">http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication</str>

        <!--Interval in which the slave should poll master .Format is HH:mm:ss . If this
is absent slave does not poll automatically.
         But a snappull can be triggered from the admin or the http API -->
        <str name="pollInterval">00:05:00</str>
     </lst>
  </requestHandler>

Thanks,