lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Sort fields all look Strings in field cache, no matter schema type
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:37:54 GMT
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Jay Hill <jayallenhill@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that struck me as odd in the output of the stats.jsp page is that
> the field cache always shows a String type for a field, even if it is not a
> String. For example, the output below is for a field "cscore" that is a
> double:

What's the class type of the double?  Older style SortableDouble had
to use the string index.  Newer style trie-double based should use a
double[].

It also matters what the FieldCache entry is being used for... certain
things like faceting on single valued fields still use the
StringIndex.  I believe the stats component does too.  Sorting and
function queries should work as expected.

-Yonik