lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Fuad Efendi" <f...@efendi.ca>
Subject SOLR Performance Tuning: Fuzzy Searches, Distance, BK-Tree
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:32:05 GMT
Hi,

I am wondering: will SOLR or Lucene use caches for fuzzy searches? I mean
per-term caching or something, internal to Lucene, or may be SOLR (SOLR may
use own query parser)...

Anyway, I implemented BK-Tree and playing with it right now, I altered
FuzzyTermEnum class of Lucene...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BK-tree

- it seems performance of fuzzy searches boosted at least hundred times, but
I need to do more tests... repeated similar (slightly different) queries run
with better performance, probably because of OS-level file caching... but it
could be that of BK-Tree distance! (although I need to use classic int
instead of float distance by Lucene/Levenstein etc.)

Thanks,
Fuad Efendi
+1 416-993-2060
http://www.tokenizer.ca/