lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject TermsComponent, multiple fields, total count
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:56:43 GMT
Hi,

I want to use TermsComponent for both auto complete suggestions but also showing a search
"quality" meter. As in indicate the total number of matches (doesnt need to be accurate, just
a ballpark figure especially if there are a lot of matches). I also want to match multiple
fields at once.

I guess I can just issue multiple requests in order to get multiple fields searched. But the
total number is a bit more tricky. I can of course simply add up the counts for the limited
number of results. But this is maybe a bit too inaccurate and also seems like Lucene/Solr
should be able to give me this number more efficiently.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org