lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ldung <dung....@gmail.com>
Subject Large Query Strings and performance
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:59:49 GMT

I am using Solr 1.4 with  large query strings with 20+ terms and faceting on
a single multi-valued field in a 1 million record system. I am using Solr to
categorize text, that why the query strings are big.

The performance get's worse the more search terms are used.  Is there any
way I can improve performance? I've tried several shingling but it had no
effect and tried everything in here
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors

Is there anything else I can try? Will sharding help?