lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From fredanthony <fredanth...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr query single entity?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:17:17 GMT

Hi, I have Solr setup to use a DataImportHandler with my database. In the
data-config.xml file I have one document with two entities as follows:

    <document>
		<entity name="users"
			query="SELECT user_id, user_id as pk_field, user_name FROM users">
		</entity>

		<entity name="group"
			query="SELECT group_id, group_id as pk_field, group_name FROM  groups">
		</entity>
    </document>

Now, my goal is I want certain queries to return back indexed items from a
single entity. Im not sure if this is the right way to do it. Maybe I need
multiple indexes? I just need to limit the results in certain sections, for
example a user section to return only users and not groups and vice-versa.
Thanks!