lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tom Burton-West <tburtonw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributors - Solr in Action Case Studies
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:17:39 GMT

Hello Otis,

Hi Otis,

We are using Solr to provide indexing for the full text of 5 million books
(About 4-6 terrabytes of text.)  Our index is currently around 3 terrabytes
distributed over 10 shards with about 310 GB of index per shard.  We are
using very large Solr documents (about 750MB of text or about 100,000
words/doc), and using CommonGrams to deal with stopwords/common words in
multiple languages.

I would be interested in contributing a chapter if this sounds interesting.
More details about the project are available at:
http://www.hathitrust.org/large_scale_search
http://www.hathitrust.org/large_scale_search  and our blog:
http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search
http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search  (I'll be updating the
blog with details of current hardware and performance tests in the next week
or so)

Tom

Tom Burton-West
Digital Library Production Service