lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TermsComponent, multiple fields, total count
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:55:21 GMT
Hi Lukas,

----- Original Message ----

> From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org>

> I want to use TermsComponent for both auto complete suggestions but also showing

Is TermsComponent really that good for AutoComplete?
Have a look at http://www.sematext.com/demo/ac/index.html - doesn't use TC.

> a search "quality" meter. As in indicate the total number of matches (doesnt
> need to be accurate, just a ballpark figure especially if there are a lot of
> matches)

As in, you want each suggestion include the number of documents it would match if that suggestion
would be run as the query?
Wouldn't that require one to execute that query, so if you want to show 10 suggestions, you'd
hit Solr 10 times?

> I also want to match multiple fields at once.

Can you give an example?

Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch