lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kumaravel Kandasami <kumaravel.kandas...@gmail.com>
Subject Design Question - Dynamic Field Names (*)
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:03:01 GMT
Need to your suggestion in  best designing the following requirement.

- We have two indexes.
Index 1: "name_index",
Fields:
"id" - indexed, not stored
 "field_name" - indexed, stored.

Index 2: "trans_index',
Fields(Dynamic Schema):
"id" - indexed, not stored
"*" - indexed, stored.

(Dynamic field names of the trans_index is the same as the "field_name" from
the name_index.)

- Requirement:

User would select the field he wants to query from the "name_index".
Once he selects the one of the values from the 'field_name' (from the
name_index), he queries the trans_index using the field_name.

- Issue:

When indexing the name_index field:"field_name" we are using the analyzer
that would lowercase, strip spaces etc.
Example: "First Name", "firstName" values are all stored and indexed as
'firstname'.

However, when we store field names in the trans_index we would be storing as
it is ... without analyzing.
So User queries like 'firstname:a*' might not match.

- Possible Solution:

We are planning to have an custom analyzer that we would use while indexing
(configured in the schema.xml) file. As well the crawler program would use
the
same analyzer to create field names.

Is there any better design solutions ?

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com
kumar@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."