lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter <zarato...@gmx.net>
Subject Fundamental questions of how to build up solr for huge portals
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:16:38 GMT
Hello!

Our team wants to use solr for an community portal built up out of 3 and
more sub portals. We are unsure in which way we sould build up the whole
architecture, because we have more than one portal and we want to make
them all connected and searchable by solr. Could some experts help us on
these questions?

- whats the best way to use solr to get the best performance for an huge
portal with >5000 users that might expense fastly?
- which client to use (Java,PHP...)? Now the portal is almost PHP/MySQL
based. But we want to make solr as best as it could be in all ways
(performace, accesibility, way of good programming, using the whole
features of lucene - like tagging, facetting and so on...)

We are thankful of every suggestions :)

Thanks,
Peter