lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: TermsComponent, multiple fields, total count
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:50:11 GMT

On 19.01.2010, at 22:52, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

>>> I also want to match multiple fields at once.
>>
>> Can you give an example?
>

> I enter "Kreuz" but this could either be part of a persons name or of a street name,
which are separate fields in my index mainly because they analyzed differently (person name
using doublemetaphone and street name using word splitting to extract relevant parts for better
matching).

This is still really the kicker for me. Having to use TC on multiple fields myself and adding
up the results seems needlessly tedious. Plus, though I am not sure if solr could do any better
job here, adding up could produce dupes (like a company using the city name as part of their
company name).

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org