lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Siv Anette Fjellkårstad <...@steria.no>
Subject SV: Please help: Failing tests
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:45:08 GMT

Thank you so much - that helped a lot. Now most of the tests are green, but I still have some
failing. One of failing tests is testMultiThreade and the error messages is:

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: QueryElevationComponent missing config file:
'elevate.xml
either: C:\data\solrRelease1.4.0\conf\elevate.xml or C:\DOCUME~1\saf\LOCALS~1\Temp\org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.LargeVolumeJettyTest-1263980101765\elevate.xml
must exist, but not both.
	at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryElevationComponent.inform(QueryElevationComponent.java:174)

I attach a bmp showing my test configuration. 

Which elevate.xml is it searching for, and how can I get Eclipse to find it?

Sincerely,
Siv


-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Shalin Shekhar Mangar [mailto:shalinmangar@gmail.com]
Sendt: on 20.01.2010 09:46
Til: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Emne: Re: Please help: Failing tests
 
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Siv Anette Fjellkårstad <saf@steria.no>wrote:

>
> I'm trying to run the unit tests from Eclipse. Almost half the tests are
> failing, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This is what I've done:
>
> 1. Checked out the code outside Eclipse's workspace
> 2. File > New > Project > Java project.
> 3. Create project from existing source"
>
> 4. Five compiler errors. Fixed in this way:
> Properties > Java Build Path > order and Export
> Moved "JRE System Library" to the top
>
> 5. Run As > Run Configuration > Arguments > VM Arguments:
> -Dsolr.solr.home=<my solr dir>
>
> One of the error messages:
>
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: QueryElevationComponent missing
> config file: 'elevate.xml
> either: C:\data\solr\release-1.4.0\conf\elevate.xml or
> C:\DOCUME~1\saf\LOCALS~1\Temp\org.apache.solr.DisMaxRequestHandlerTest-1263934397062\elevate.xml
>
> When I add one conf-directory to the build path, another one is still
> missing. What have I done wrong?
>

You need to set the current working directory for the tests to
src/test/test-files. In eclipse, that can be done by going to the run/debug
configuration -> Arguments tab. In the Working directory select "other" and
enter the path to the test-files directory. I've added this information to
the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TestingSolr

Note that you can also use ant from command-line to run your tests.

-- 
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.



This email originates from Steria AS, Biskop Gunnerus' gate 14a, N-0051 OSLO, http://www.steria.no.
This email and any attachments may contain confidential/intellectual property/copyright information
and is only for the use of the addressee(s). You are prohibited from copying, forwarding,
disclosing, saving or otherwise using it in any way if you are not the addressee(s) or responsible
for delivery. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender and cancel it
immediately. Steria may monitor the content of emails within its network to ensure compliance
with its policies and procedures. Any email is susceptible to alteration and its integrity
cannot be assured. Steria shall not be liable if the message is altered, modified, falsified,
or even edited.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message