lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: filter querying working on dynamic int fields but not dynamic string fields?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:47:30 GMT

On Jan 20, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Tommy Chheng wrote:

> I'm having trouble doing a filter query on a string field. Any ideas
> why it's working on dynamic int fields but not dynamic string fields?
>
> ex.
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?indent=on&version=2.2&q=climate -
> correct
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?version=2.2&q=climate&fq=awardedamounttodate_i%3A88900

>  FQ with dynamic int field returns one result - correct
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?indent=on&version=2.2&q=climate&fq=awardinstrument_s:Continuing+grant

>  returns zero results - Incorrect

fq=field:value with spaces

is problematic - it is being parsed as a SolrQueryParser expression.
It should work if you quote it - fq=field:"value with spaces"

However, as I mentioned earlier today on the list, I think the best
option for facet narrowing on string fields is this:

    fq={!raw f=field}value with spaces

Of course all of the above need to be URL encoded too.

This explains the problem exactly.  Note how it parsed the second word
to the text field, not the field you specified.

	Erik