lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joe Kessel <isjust...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: OverlappingFileLockException when using <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:36:13 GMT

I am using the example solrconfig.xml with only a few changes.  Mainly the replication section
for the master has been changed.  I am not using any plugins that I am aware of.  Here is
my replication section:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="master">
        <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
        <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

If this is valid, then I will open a jira issue.

Thanks,

Joe

> Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:06:15 -0500
> Subject: Re: OverlappingFileLockException when using <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
> From: yonik@lucidimagination.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>
> Interesting... this should be impossible.
> Unless there is a bug in Lucene's NativeFSLock (and it doesn't look
> like it), the only way I see that this could happen is if there were
> multiple instances of that class loaded in different classloaders.
> Are you using any kind of plugins?
>
> Could you open a JIRA issue for this?
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Joe Kessel <isjustjoe@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have an instance of Solr that won't start since I have added the replication <str
name="replicateAfter">startup</str>.  I am using Solr 1.4 and only see this with
my index that contains 200k documents with a total size of 400MB.  Removing the replicate
after startup and the instance starts without error.  We found that we needed replicate after
startup as there was no version information on the master after restarting the instance.
Is there something special that needs to be done when using replicate after startup?  Or is
this a bug?

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/