lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mitchell <goodie...@gmail.com>
Subject java heap space error when faceting
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:01:07 GMT
I have an index with more than 6 million docs. All is well, until I turn on
faceting and specify a facet.field. There is only about unique 20 values for
this particular facet throughout the entire index. I was able to make things
a little better by using facet.method=enum. That seems to work, until I add
another facet.field to the request, which is another facet that doesn't have
that many unique values. I utlimately end up running out of heap space
memory. I should also mention that in every case, the "rows" param is set to
0.

I've thrown as much memory as I can at the JVM (+3G for start-up and max),
tweaked filter cache settings etc.. I can't seem to get this error to go
away. Anyone have any tips to throw my way?

-- using a recent nighlty build of solr 1.5 dev and Jetty as my servlet
container.

Thanks!
Matt