lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: SOLR: Replication
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 00:17:43 GMT
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Peter Wolanin <peter.wolanin@acquia.com> wrote:
> Related to the difference between rsync and native Solr replication -
> we are seeing issues with Solr 1.4 where search queries that come in
> during a replication request hang for excessive amount of time (up to
> 100's of seconds for a result normally that takes ~50 ms).
>
> We are replicating pretty often (every 90 sec for multiple cores to
> one slave server), but still did not think that replication would make
> the master server unable to handle search requests.  Is there some
> configuration option we are missing which would handle this situation
> better?

Hmmm, any other clues about what's happening during this time?
If it's not a bug, it could simply be that reading a large index to
serve it to a slave could throw out the important parts of the OS
cache that caused searches to be faster.

If it is a bug, well then we certainly want to get to the bottom of it!

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com