lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Is this a bug of the RessourceLoader?
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:28:26 GMT

: Some applications (such as Windows Notepad), insert a UTF-8 Byte Order Mark
: (BOM) as the first character of the file. So, perhaps the first word in your
: stopwords list contains a UTF-8 BOM and thats why you are seeing this
: behavior.

Robert: BOMs are one of those things that strike me as being abhorent and
inheriently evil because they seem to cause nothing but problems -- but in
truth i understand very little baout them and have no idea if/when they
actually add value.

If text files that start with a BOM aren't properly being dealt with by
Solr right now, should we consider that a bug?  Is there something we
can/should be doing in SolrResourceLoader to make Solr handle this
situation better?

-Hoss