lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alex Wang <aw...@crossview.com>
Subject Weird Behavior When Querying Field of Type String
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 21:48:13 GMT

Hi,

I am getting a weird behavior in my Solr (1.4) index:

I have a field defined as follows:

<field name="productType" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" />

and in all my index documents, the value of this field is "ProductBean" (without quotes).

However, in the Solr admin console, when I type in the following query, I am expecting all
my documents to come back, but Solr does not return any results:

productType:ProductBean

Strangely, when I use the "Analysis" tool, it found a match as expected and here is the output
(with ProductBean highlighted):

Index Analyzer

org.apache.solr.schema.FieldType$DefaultAnalyzer {}

term position

1

term text

ProductBean

term type

word

source start,end

0,11

payload

Query Analyzer

org.apache.solr.schema.FieldType$DefaultAnalyzer {}

term position

1

term text

ProductBean

term type

word

source start,end

0,11

payload

Also, if I use wild card searches, I get results as expected (productType:ProductBe*).

I have tried various things like clearing my browser cache, deleting the data folder and re-index.
None of them helps. Can someone please shed some light here?

Thanks,

Alex