lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about indexing...
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 09:46:11 GMT

On May 26, 2010, at 3:49 AM, Jörg Agatz wrote:
> is the Textfield Single instance? how can i make it?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  You can have as many "text" fields
as you like, or as many of any other type as well.

> In textfield indext the Word :
> "Hallo"
>
> if i search
> "Hallo" i found
> "hallo" i found
> "Hall*" i dont
> "hall*" i found
>
> But some user will search "Hall*"

Wildcard queries do not get analyzed, and thus the case stays the same
as the original query.  Lowercase the query string before sending it
to Solr if you need to support Hall* queries.

Pick up a copy of Lucid's Solr reference guide to have handy: <http://www.lucidimagination.com/Downloads/LucidWorks-for-Solr/Reference-Guide

 > and start tinkering with Solr's analysis page, which you'll find at http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/analysis.jsp

  - that tool will let you see how various field types index your text.

	Erik