lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ying Huang <yhu...@capitaliq.com>
Subject RE: How to load Core Properties after Core creation?
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 14:52:06 GMT

From: Ankit Bhatnagar [mailto:abhatnagar@vantage.com]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 9:27 AM
To: 'solr-user@lucene.apache.org'
Subject: RE: How to load Core Properties after Core creation?

Do you have the persistence = true

Ankit

-----Original Message-----
From: Ying Huang [mailto:yhuang@capitaliq.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:33 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is any way to create a new Core with specified properties or to
alter and reload Core Properties for a Core without restarting the service?

I tried to do this in three steps:

1)      Create a new core;

2)      Edit solr.xml directly to add properties into the core;

3)      Call RELOAD handler to reload the new core and the specified properties.

However, the reloading doesn't seem to work and the properties added don't apply for the newly
created core. We're using a nightly build of Solr 1.4 with Lucene 2.9.1., and I'm using Core
Properties in solr.xml for CoreAdmin. These properties can be used in solrconfig.xml (It's
discussed here http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#property). Is there any workaround for
it?

Thanks,
Ying