lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Recommended MySQL JDBC driver
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 15:22:30 GMT
On 5/14/2010 12:40 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> I downgraded to 5.0.8 for testing. Initially, I thought it was going
> to be faster, but it slows down as it gets further into the index.  It
> now looks like it's probably going to take the same amount of time.
>
> On the server timeout thing - that's a setting you'd have to put in
> my.ini or my.cfg, there may also be a way to change it on the fly
> without restarting the server.  I suspect that when you are running a
> multiple query setup like yours, it opens multiple connections, and
> when one of them is busy doing some work, the others are idle.  That
> may be related to the timeout with the older connector version.  On my
> setup, I only have one query that retrieves records, so I'm probably
> not going to run into that.  I could be wrong about how it works - you
> can confirm or refute this idea by looking at SHOW PROCESSLIST on your
> MySQL server while it's working.

I was having no trouble with the 5.0.8 connector on 1.5-dev build
922440M, but then I upgraded the test machine to the latest 4.0 from
trunk, and ran into the timeout issue you described, so I am going back
to the 5.1.12 connector.  I just saw the message on the list about
branch_3x in SVN, which looks like a better option than trunk.

Shawn