lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sascha Szott <sz...@zib.de>
Subject Re: Highlighting is not happening
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 16:59:03 GMT
Hi Prakash,

more importantly, check the field type and its associated analyzer. In
case you use a "non-tokenized" type (e.g., string), highlighting will
not appear if only a partial field match exists (only exact matches,
i.e. the query coincides with the field value, will be highlighted). If
that's not your intent, you should at least define an tokenizer for the
field type.

Best,
Sascha