lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Labour <matthieu_lab...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to query for similar documents before indexing
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 21:29:25 GMT
Markus
Thank you for your response
That would be great if the index has the option to prevent duplicate from entering the index.
But is it going to be a silent action ? Or will the add method return that it failed indexing
because it detected a duplicate ?
Is it commited to the 1.4 already ?
Cheers
matt

--- On Mon, 5/10/10, Markus Jelsma <markus.jelsma@buyways.nl> wrote:

From: Markus Jelsma <markus.jelsma@buyways.nl>
Subject: RE: How to query for similar documents before indexing
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010, 4:11 PM

Hi,

Deduplication [1] is what you're looking for.It can utilize different analyzers that will
add a one or more signatures or hashes to your document depending on exact or partial matches
for configurable fields. Based on that, it should be able to prevent new documents from entering
the index.

The first part works very well but i have some issues with removing those documents on which
i also need to check with the community tomorrow back at work ;-)

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication

Cheers,