lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Non-English query via Solr Example Admin corrupts text
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 16:11:19 GMT
In my SolrJ using application, I have a
test case which queries for “numéro” and
succeeds if I use Embedded and fails if I use CommonsHttpSolrServer… I
don’t want to use embedded for a number of reasons including that its not
recommended (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/EmbeddedSolr)

I am sorry if you’d dealt with this issue in the past,
I’ve spent a few hours googling for solr
utf-8 query and glassfishv3 utf-8
uri  plus other permutations/combinations but there were
seemingly endless amounts of chaff that I couldn’t find anything useful after scouring it
for a few hours.  I can’t
decide whether it’s a glassfish issue or not so I am not sure where to
direct my energy.  Any tips or advice are appreciated!

  I have never used glassfish but I am pretty sure it is a glassfish issue. The same thing
happens in Tomcat if you don't set URIEncoing="UTF-8".
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat#URI_Charset_Confighttp://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=38020http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqHttpRequestParameterEncoding