lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does SOLR Allow q= (A or B) AND (C or D)?
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 19:43:30 GMT

--- On Fri, 5/28/10, efriwp@gmail.com <efriwp@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: efriwp@gmail.com <efriwp@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Does SOLR Allow q= (A or B) AND (C or D)?
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Date: Friday, May 28, 2010, 4:42 AM
> Hi Ahmet,
>
> Thanks again for the feedback. We will be searching several
> fields of each
> object in the index (title, description, tags). The matches
> on keywords need
> to be in any of these fields and there will be no different
> weights.

Okey after investigating your example website, i think i understand you now. As a suggestion
you are going to display documents, not a particular field, or keywords. You can do it with
my solution. Create two additional fields with the types i wrote. Copy your title, desc and
tag fields into these fields. Execute the query - on these two field - as the user types.
You will see the same results with your example website. Just don't forget to use quotes for
the field that uses keyword tokenizer. And the () for the other one. Also default operator
OR is required. When the user is typing the query tap water, your query will be
q=f1:"tap wate" f2:(tap wate)   just before the last key stroke.