lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does SOLR Allow q= (A or B) AND (C or D)?
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 22:57:51 GMT
> Thank you. That seems to be working
> well, except when I included a wild card
> for any of the terms, the wildcard term isn't being found
> out.
>
> My searches are actually:
> q=+(A A*) +(C C*)&q.op=OR
>
> When I do a regular search on "A*" or "C*" I get matches
> but not in the
> context of the above query. The ability to use wildcards
> seems to get lost.
>
> This is all for the purposes of a "live search" in which we
> return matches
> as the user types, thus the wildcard.  A and C
> represent two different terms
> a user has typed in the search box (where we are providing
> the live-search
> results).

Looks like you are looking for auto-suggest/complete feature. As the user types something
there will be ajax suggestions right?

Queries  A* or C* are not sorted by score/relevance. Can you explain in more detail what do
you mean by "search on "A*" or "C*" I get matches
but not in the context of the above query"