lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Gross <cogr...@gmail.com>
Subject negative numbers in range
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 13:53:16 GMT
I've stored some geo data in SOLR, and some of the coordinates are negative
numbers.  I'm having trouble getting a range to work.

Using the query tool in the admin interface, I can get something like:

lon:[* TO 0]

to work to list out everything with a negative longitude, but if I try to do
something like:

lon:[-115 TO -110]

I don't get my document with a longitude set to -111.  Even switching out
the -110 to 0 doesn't net that one (though others with a valid longitude in
the range are returned).  I'm having no problems at all with ranges
involving positive numbers.

Am I missing something with using the ranges, or is there another way that I
can make such a query?

Thanks!

-- Chris