lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Eric Grobler <impalah...@googlemail.com>
Subject multi-valued associated fields
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 06:59:49 GMT
Hallo Solr community,

We are considering Solr for searching on content from various partners
with wildly different content.

Is it possible or practical to work with multi-valued associated fields like
this?
"Make:Audi, Model:A4, Color:Blue, Year:1998, KM:200000, Extras:GPS"
"Type:Flat, Rooms:2, Period:6 months"
"Make:Toshiba, Model:Tecra, RAM:4GB, Extras:BlueRay;Lock"
"Breed:Siamese, Age:9 weeks"

and do:
- searching on individual keys
- range queries within multi-valued fields.
- faceting

I suppose an alternative would be to create unnamed fields like
range1, range2, range3 with a descripter field like
  "Year,KM,EngineSize" for a car document and
  "Rooms" for a property document for example.

In general I was also wondering how Solr developers implement websites that
uses tag filters.
For example, a user clicks on "Hard drives" then get tags "External,
Internal" then clicks on "External" and gets "usb, firewire" etc.

Any suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Eric