lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Krantiā„¢ K K Parisa <kranti.par...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache or Nginx In front of SOLR?
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 07:11:39 GMT
Dear All,

Which is the best implementation in front of SOLR between Apache and NGINX?

The main aspects would be
1. Ability to handle high loads
2. Resource utilizations
3. Caching (can we have caching implemented in front of solr, I did
implement SOLR caching but to the extent possible i would still reduce the
calls to SOLR by having some caching implemented in front of SOLR to serve
the static pages whose data actually comes from SOLR)
4. Ability to record the statistics like AWSTATS available for Apache.

Please suggest your thoughts/ideas.

Best Regards,
Kranti K K Parisa